Keith and Carla

Monday, May 14, 2007

Now For An Update...

I hope everyone in "Bloggerville" had as wonderful of a Mother's Day as I did. My sweetheart and two wonderful girls treated me quite well, although that is nothing unusual. Being able to be with them and to spend several hours with my own Mother is always a treasure!


Below is a picture of our newly stained floors in our new fellowship hall/classroom area. It is the same stain as in the entry area, but does have a textured look to it. We were going to wait a little longer to finish out the expansion, but some of the men were ready to get with it and get it done. Keith finally agreed and so all that is needed to finish it out now is the cabinetry, appliances, and trim work. Keith is ready to take off the "contractor's hat" and give his full attention back to more "important" things (as he puts it).












And while construction has been going on at the church property, construction has also been going on at home. We have been wanting, but mostly needing, to have our patio area redone. When it would rain, the water would run back towards the house, and we have had a couple of close calls. If you have ever been in a good East Texas rain, you know what I'm talking about! One of the faithful people of the church(Bro. Buck) came and graded the yard down to where the water would run off and prepare for the mason to come do his part. With these last few rains we have received, he did a wonderful job. We have stood out on the back porch and watched the waters run in the other direction!

After Bro. Buck did the dirt work, Dale Peterson, the mason, came and did a flagstone patio for us. He did all of the bricking on our recent church expansion and also the Church-In-A-Day part. They are wonderful people that attend church in Tyler, at Bro. Gandy's church.




BEFORE


Bro. Buck and his "bobcat"


The finished product


Now if Keith and I can find the time, the landscaping will follow sometime in the future. Kevin Kelly has offered to build us a waterfall in one area of the flowerbeds, and knowing what his yard looks like, we will be taking him up on it! As of right now, for those of you who know her, he is tending to his wife, Chrissy, who broke her tailbone. She had one of her "pet" turtles in her hand and was crawling out of the back of his pickup (with the tailgate up), when her foot caught and down she went. They have a gravel driveway, so you can imagine the pain. In a future post, I will elaborate more on her turtle "farm." It is really quite amazing.

The girls are really excited about school coming to a close (so is their "teacher")!!! After this week, they have 2 more weeks left. Yeahoo!!!!! Do I sound excited enough?

To everyone in "Bloggerville," I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week!

5 Comments:

At 10:37 PM , Blogger Tammy Bryant said...

Glad to see a new post! The backyard looks great!! Praise the Lord for the next two weeks, if the Lord decides to tarry that long.
School being out will be great and a time to visit friends. See ya soon!

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Everything looks great! I know you are tired of construction. Thanks for the update.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

I love the way your backyard is coming along (it looks great)...

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

I enjoyed all the updates! Everything looks great! I'm interested to hear more about the "turtle farm".

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Madison S. said...

yes the turtle farm---please tell us more!!! Your yard looks beautiful. What awesome saints you have to want to work so hard. They know it will pay off in the end!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home