Beautiful
I am not a big fan of trees (what else do you expect - I was born and raised in Wichita Falls!), but during the Fall, it is absolutely gorgeous here in East Texas. As I was out this afternoon, I couldn't help but take a few pictures. The pictures do not do the colors justice, but I hope you enjoy them.
The first two pictures are of the private lake where Mom and Dad live.


This one is taken in the Wal Mart parking lot (Wal Mart never looked so good!). I even had a lady follow me home, because she thought I was taking pictures of her car. LOL!



10 Comments:
I love east Texas or is that Louisiana for all their beautiful trees and many, many leaves! Thanks for the reminder.
Beautiful pictures! You better quit bothering people by taking their picture!! That's funny.
Lovely pictures of the trees, but nothing compares to MESQUITE TREES! LOL!! I thought it was so funny when you told me you really do miss them. I would too, if I were to move away and HAVE to live in a place with a lot of trees! There's nothing quite like the "BIG SKIES" of north Texas! Enjoy the beauty around you. I would.
Sis. Elms,
I agree! NOTHING compares to "our" mesquite trees!!! Keith and I both miss the sunsets (trees block the view), and topping a small hill and being able to see for miles (or so it seems).
This time of year, I am enjoying the colors though.
The pictures are so pretty!! It's a lot more scenic than up here, but I do seem to get a little clostrophobic when I'm anywhere that you can't see for miles....
Kassie,
I'm so glad you joined in! I agree - I do get a little claustrophobic at times.
Carla,
Kenny & I concur with you that the trees here are absolutely gorgeous.
We work together and drive the back roads, the scenery is just beautiful. STILL--I miss WF!
I've enjoyed your blog.
Karen,
There's something about WF that gets your heart - maybe it's the mesquite trees?! LOL. It's the church family that you miss so much. Even after being "down" here for 8-1/2 years now, I still get homesick.
Well, I have to reply on these comments. Ya'll are really making me miss you more, and more! There's something about "home" that stays with you for life, and it's not the mesquite trees!! LOL! Love you so much!
Sis. Elms,
Your reply hit me at a weak moment. Here I am at the computer with tears in my eyes - it's almost too blurry to see!
Love you!!!!!!! Miss you too!!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home