Keith and Carla

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Seeing Yourself Through the Eyes of God

As I was reading a little bit before going to sleep last night, (I found this in Christian Social Graces by Gayla M. Baughman). I ran across this poem and it made me stop and think of how we (I) belittle ourselves (myself) at times. God, help me to see "ME" through your eyes!


by Marie Chapian

Speak of yourself as though it was I,
the Father, describing you.
The new life I have given you
does not make room for self-hate,
self-derision or self-inflicted insults.
You are my handiwork
My workmanship,
Recreated in Christ Jesus,
born anew that you may do those good works
for which I predestined you,
taking paths which I prepared ahead of time
that you should walk in them
Living the good life
which I prearranged and made ready for you to live.
Do not be rash to utter harsh words against yourself.
Be careful with your mouth
And stop your heart before it is hasty to utter
Negative, demeaning words before God.
I Love You!
I call you with an everlasting love
Constantly,
Constantly.
If you were to think of yourself as I think of you,
How different you would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home