Keith and Carla

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Incredible Week

This week has just been awesome. From the teaching and preaching at Campmeeting in Lufkin, to the service here in Quitman today...Wow!

First of all, during the Tuesday evening service, Sis. Chrissy was presented with her Sunday School Teacher of the Year Award from the Texas District. She is one wonderful teacher and puts herself 150% into everything that she does (you would just have to stand outside of the room and listen or peek in to understand). Again this year she has outdone herself along with the S.S. kids in the Save Our Children drive. They raised $1,500.00!!! We are so proud of them. The pictures from Lufkin were blurry, but I took one in service this morning, so that is the one that I posted.



We had about 60 in service this morning! There were 9 new visitors this morning, and a new family that has just moved to the area from Dallas. They are a family of 5. It is a young couple - she has had the Holy Ghost for about a year, and he just received it at Men's Conference this year in May. I was too busy trying to get around to all of the visitors, so I didn't get their picture before they left. I will try again on Wednesday.

Another visitor was a man that has been a backslider that has just moved to the area from the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. He is a friend of Bro. Mike Littlefield in Tyler, Texas, and has known the Littlefields for sometime. He seemed quite excited about the church.

Last week, we started a singles/young married's class in our new fellowship area. We are so excited about what is happening and looking forward to even greater things in the near future!

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

That is incredible! I am so excited for you. God is really doing a tremendous work through you in Quitman!

 
At 1:02 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

I am so excited about your attendance and what God is doing in Quitman! It was good seeing ya'll at Camp Meeting. The girls are beautiful!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

I am so glad to be a part of such a growing church.
I am especially excited to see what happens next.
Love ya'll and wish you guys a most wonderful day :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home