Keith and Carla

Saturday, May 31, 2008

SCHOOL IS OUT!!!

Wow! It's hard to believe, but another school year is over! It seems I've been going down memory lane about my own school years more this year than ever. Maybe that has to do with growing a little bit older? Most of the memories have been good, except the cramming for tests. I was reminded of the loss of a friend today. I was reminded of how fortunate I am to still be alive. Thanks be to God! There was a young man, in a town 15 minutes from here, that drowned yesterday while swimming with some friends. He would have walked across the stage tonight. There was another young lady that ran off the road and crashed into a tree just 5 hours before her graduation today. She didn't survive. I AM BLESSED! God has seen fit to give me another day, so I will do my utmost to give all of myself back to Him for He is my everything!!!

Keith and I went to a graduation tonight for a young lady in our church. I have to say that I just love small town graduations!!! Two of the town's fire trucks came out to the stadium and gave their all on the horns after the diplomas had been handed out. You would have to be there! After the graduation, we went to another graduate's reception. She is the granddaughter of a lady that comes to church faithfully. She made valedictorian and received a FULL scholarship to Texas A & M. We are so proud of these two young ladies!!!

Last, but not least, I am soooo proud of OUR girls!!!!!!!!! They have done incredibly well this year. They have both been on the Honor Roll all year! Keith and I applaud them!!!

Mallory has kind of been in a daze today, kind of like her mother has been this week! She has really been pushing hard these last few week to finish out her Physical Science (96%) and World History (99.8%) (I just had to put her final percentages on here!) After breakfast this morning, she looked at me and asked, "Mom, how long will it take for my brain to go back to normal?" I told her she had all summer - just long enough to calm down before it all started back up again. I know she loved to be reminded of that! LOL.

Enjoy your summer, live it to the fullest, one moment at a time!

6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Yea!!! Congratulations to your girls! They are such great young ladies. And, if Mallory is anything like her Mom, her brain will never be normal!! LOL! I just had to say that. Love and miss y'all. We need to get together somehow.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Gene, I set myself up for that one. You're too funny! We miss y'all too!!!!! I don't like this long-distance stuff!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

WOW! I'm PROUD of your girls, also! As far as the brain being NORMAL....does that EVER happen? LOL! Just wondering. I think mine made the change a long time ago! See, I'm not saying anything about my ABNORMAL friends and FAMILY! :) Aren't you proud of me, Gene?

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Gloria said...

I am happy for all of you that school is out for a while. I hope your summer is relaxing and you all get a chance to de-fog your brains... The giggles during music practice is a SURE giveaway that you need a BREAK!!

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Joseph James said...

Yeah... it takes my brain 'all summer' and then some... of course I am not too sure my brain has ever been 'normal'!

Congrats to your daughters... ya'll have a wonderful summer!

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Tracie Smith said...

Congrats, girls!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home