All in a Day's Work
My Mom found this and gave it to me several years ago when I started exercising on a regular basis. I keep it on my refrigerator to remind myself that when I do those "chores" that I don't like to do, I AM burning calories. The approximate values are based on a 150-pound person with an "average" metabolism. The calories are approximately how many are burned per hour.
Washing dishes 77
Ironing 153
Shopping (!!!) 162
Horseback riding 171
Cooking 180
Housework 198
Fishing 207
Ballroom dancing 207
Playing frisbee 207
Bowling 207
Golf 234
Table tennis 270
Raking leaves 270
Mowing the lawn 297
Badminton 306
Mopping 306
Painting the house 342
Gardening 369
Chopping wood 414
Shoveling snow 414 (We don't get to do this in our part of the country!)
Racquetball 477
Backpacking 477
Mountain biking 576
Handball 819

3 Comments:
I knew that washing dishes was a waste! I guess I better get to work...
Another round of golf sounds good to me. :)
makes our chores seem a lil brighter...LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home