Keith and Carla

Friday, November 10, 2006

Awesome Service!

We are having special services Friday through Sunday with Bro. Ron Wofford - a dean at TBC. Tonight was incredible! His title was "Digging Ditches When There Are No Clouds." His text was II Kings 3, beginning with verse 14. In between standing up and worshipping and sitting back down, I tried to jot down a few notes. It was almost next to impossible for me, who can only concentrate on one thing at a time. I have been wanting some new faces, and we had a couple last week while we were gone, but I felt tonight that God has heard my cries and will soon send the "rain." Bro. Wofford told the church to start digging our ditches even when we didn't see "anything" happening. There might not be any wind or rain, but God WILL fill the ditches! He told the church that God will take the good things of the enemy and put them into our hands, and then the enemy would be delivered unto us. He reminded us of the ditches that were dug in II Kings, the water that filled them came from the heathen land!!! He also added that too many give up just right before the "rain." They stop just short of their ditches being filled.

It was so good - you would of had to been there. Maybe you can taste a little of it by reading this blog. I'm ready to start digging some ditches. How about you?

3 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

That sounds awesome! I can almost smell the rain coming! God really does have some wonderful victories ahead for Victory Fellowship. Thanks for letting us hear a little of the message tonight!

(I deleted the other comment because I clicked the publish button before I proofread my statement...oops!)

 
At 12:09 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Wonderful! Makes me know God is in control and He will give the increase! Get out your umbrella it's fixing to RAIN! So happy to hear of the awesome services!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home