Keith and Carla

Monday, December 04, 2006

So True

Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind. --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

In the long run, the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip. --Daniel L. Reardon

Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words. --George Eliot

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant. --Homer

I destroy my enemy by making him my friend. --Abraham Lincoln

Who wants to read about success? It is the early struggle which makes a good story. --Katherine Anne Porter

Some people wait so long for their ship to come in, their pier collapses. --John Goddard

Love doesn't just sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; re-made all the time, made new. --Ursula K. LeGuin

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Blogger Shirley Buxton said...

Loved reading these great quotations today.

Joy!

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Great quotes! "Good food for thought".

 
At 1:14 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Lots of nuggets there. I was trying to decide which one I like the best...and I guess it is the one by "Homer". It is a true saying, but I chose it because the poor guy had only one name and it was, "HOMER!" Talk about adversity! I suppose he had a lot of talents elicited.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home