Keith and Carla

Saturday, February 10, 2007

2007 North American Teacher of the Year for the Texas District


This blog is dedicated to one of our ladies in the church. We are so proud of her and for her in her accomplishments!

Sis. Chrissy, our hat's off to you!!! I was beside myself when I heard about the phone call from headquarters today. When your pastor asked me what I thought about sending in an application for you for Sunday School teacher of the year, I quickly said, "YES!" From our point of view, you have been exceptional. I know that our girls have never ever hesitated about wanting to go to your Sunday School class. They have always come home talking up a storm about what is going on in your room. This afternoon, when I heard about your selection for Teacher of the Year, I wasn't surprised, just so excited that I wanted to jump up and down.

You are an exceptional role model for all of the kids who enter your room. Bro. Clark and I are so proud to have you and your family as a part of Victory Fellowship Church! During Bro. Kevin's sickness, I don't recall you hardly ever missing a service, and when you had to, you were upset about it. For the last two years, you have made a wonderful effort in the Save Our Children drive. For the last two years, the offering put our church #1 in Section 5 and in 2005, #7 in the Texas District. I know last year you couldn't because of Bro. Kevin's bone marrow transplant, but the church saw your vision and rallied behind you for the cause. I am ready to see what will happen this year in our children's lives!!! If I'm not mistaken, all but about 1 of the children in your classroom now have been filled with the Holy Ghost.

Besides your classroom duties, you stand behind your husband in the Big Hand Puppets & Co. shows, organized most of the Kidz Rally last year, and extend a helping hand to anyone else that is in need. We love you and are behind you 100%!!!

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

WOW! That is incredible and well-deserving! Sis. Chrissy is a true example of putting the children first. Everything they do is first-class. Congratulations! (She also has great leadership that has instilled these values in her!)

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Wonderful, Sis. Crissy! You must have taken after your Pastor and Wife, who do everything with excellence! God bless you as you minister to the children and young people!

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger Karla said...

Congratulations Sis. Chrissy! You are well deserving of this honor!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

CONGRATS! We have seen first hand the work of Sis.Chrissy and Bro. Kevin. It is top-notch!
Also, Congratulations on being #1 in Section 5!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home