Claiming His Promises in 2007
Our theme for 2007 at Victory Fellowship Church is "Claiming His Promises." When I first thought of this theme it seemed generally appropriate and right for a small home missions church in its 5th year of ministry. But now that we are in the new year I realize that this thought of "Claiming His Promises" is bigger than I could have ever imagined. Now before I lose anyone, just think about this. What promises from God have we heard, but never claimed? I would guarantee that most of us have a promise or promises that we have yet to see fulfilled in our lives. Maybe it is a personal promise that we received years ago, and over time have let slowly slip away. Or maybe it is a recent promise that is still burning fresh in our hearts and minds. Regardless of when, where or how the promise came,if it came from the Lord, we can count on it! I know that sounds preachy, but it's a fact. God keeps His promises! The problem is we often don't possess the faith to claim them, or get a good grasp on them as Jacob did the angel of the Lord. What promise are we wanting to see fulfilled this year? Whether it is a small ember or glowing flame of a promise, let's lay claim to it!
--Keith

2 Comments:
I believe it! In fact, my message yesterday was on faith - desperate faith. It depends how bad we want it! It is time we claim the promises - they are sure. May God lead you and your church to see those promises come to pass this year.
Claim them! God is doing great things through you and your church. I believe you will receive your promises from God!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home