Braces
Well, the big day finally arrived! Mallory has been quite anxious about it, but she did really great. She had her braces put on this morning. Wouldn't you know it, we were given quite a long list of things she shouldn't eat for a couple of days until the brackets are set on her teeth good. They finished putting them on around noon. Try finding a place to eat that has the short list she can actually have! We finally decided on Olive Garden. She had a not-so-nutritious lunch, but it did fill her up and took a little while to get it down - macaroni & cheese. She was able to tear a little bit of the soft part of the breadstick out and eat that, also. It will take a little while, but she will get used to it.
It brings back many memories! Braces today are not what they used to be. We used to be called different names, like brace face, railroad tracks, tensel teeth, and so on. Today, braces are stylish, and they come in a lot of different colors. If Mallory doesn't want the color that she had put on today, she can have it changed the next time she goes in.
Now she is counting down the months until they come off!!!
Ready...
Get set...
Go...
Almost finished...
Finished!!!

6 Comments:
Just as beautiful in the 1st picture as in the last! What a beautiful smile and and how it will be even more beautiful in the end! I remember having braces my senior year and then I got them off 1 month before Todd asked me to marry him 3years...But time does fly I promise!
WooHoo Mallory!! You're already beautiful - now before too long you'll be a KNOCKOUT!!!
Mallory has nothing to worry about because she's beautiful inside and out! As fast as time goes by now, she'll have them off before she knows it. Glad y'all finally found a place to eat, though!
Hey,
Mallory, Madison (my youngest), and I are all in the same boat. I just got mine the end of May...not too bad though. Mallory, you will have a beautiful smile when it is all said and done. Jessica (my oldest) got her's off in October and her smile is soooo pretty. Good luck with them and I hope you are able to chew sooner than I was!
Thank you all for your sweet comments! It made Mallory feel better. She is starting to eat a little faster. Still can't eat the hard stuff, but yes, we are getting some nutritious foods in her.
Mallory they look great. You're going to be SO glad you got them...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home