Fresh Fruits or Veggies, Anyone?
I am not a fan of the summertime for the most part. It's a little too warm for my liking, however, I do like this time of year for all of the fresh fruits and vegetables that seem so plentiful.
Keith and I are truly blessed with some wonderful people in the church. For the past month or so, we have been loaded up (on a weekly basis) on zucchini, squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, cantaloupe, and the list could go on. Most of it has been grown organically. Thanks to the wonderful people that have blessed our table with the "fruit" of your labor!
Yesterday while Keith was counseling with someone, I was sitting and talking with a young man. We were hungry at the moment, and you know the subject drifted towards food. We were talking about the different fruits and veggies we liked, and we were talking about our favorites. Well, that's a hard one to pinpoint!!! I knew I had to come up with something, but as of right now (while they're in season), I would have to say that cherries are our favorite fruit. Well, tonight, this person shows up at church with fresh cherries and saturn peaches. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I am not mentioning names, because these people don't usually like their names mentioned so I will respect that, but if you are reading this post, we want to let you know from the bottom of our hearts that everything is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Just curious, but to all of the other bloggers, what are some of your favorite fruits and vegetables?

16 Comments:
There is nothing like a just picked from the vine tomato yummy! And cherries I love cherries!
I LOVE fresh cherries. Ronda has a family in her church that own a cherry orchard. Tena sent me a bunch of fresh cherries from their orchard this year - they were INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Blueberries and strawberries come to mind right off and I have been enjoying some great squash lately.
Cantaloupe and watermelon, I love them both. I really like most fruits. I am hoping to see a fruit table made from heaven on the cruise.
Thanks to my wife's insistence on eating more fruits and vegetables -I will live longer and keep her from enjoying my life insurance policy with some good looking dude.
Julie K., I don't care for fresh tomatoes. I can't get past what they look like on the inside. I've tried them, and I'll probably try them again on occasion just like I make the girls do.
Karla, I'm glad I don't raise cherries! I would probably make myself sick on them.
Roxana, I do love blueberries and strawberries, also. Keith and the girls have been asking for chocolate covered strawberries, but I love them just they way they are!
Tammy, we were given a watermelon last week. Nothing like it!
Keith, you're a total nutcase!!! You know I would rather have you than the insurance policy.
Apricots and cherries!!! :) That might be a good combo for a pie.. Hummmmm
Carla, I love anything and everything from my mother-n-laws garden! There's nothing like that good-ole fashion home-grown cooking!! I have to admit, though, watermelons are my favorite.
P.S. I posted about my Florida trip just for you.
Faith, apricots and cherries do sound like a good combo. Glad you stopped by to visit our blog!
Janet, I'm heading to your blog to read all about it!
I love pineapples, kiwi, watermelon, and strawberries. As far as veggies go, there is nothing better than a tomato from my grandparents' garden.
Watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, apricots, cherries, and naval oranges! That's one thing I loved about living in California. Grandpa worked in orchards and would bring home BIG oranges off of the trees!!! They were awesome!
Ashley, I love kiwi, but I like someone else to peel it for me. I don't care much for the "hairy" peeling on it!
Sis. Elms, I've never tasted an orange straight from the tree. I can only imagine what it would taste like! Yummm...I'm getting hungry for some now!!!
Well, in Alabama when I was a young girl I worked on a couple of commercial farms. One my Papaw owned and one a family in our church owned. Papaw's was because I loved going to the 'country'. The other was because I loved making $$$. I love fresh corn, peas, and WATERMELON!!!!
Cherries and Strawberries are my favorite fruit. However, Apricots (which are fresh right now)come in close behind. Hmmm....well, nectarines too. LOL Vegetables...can't beat a vine ripe tomato. Since I live right next to the Artichoke capital of the world I have learned to LOVE them too. Asparagus, fresh corn, broccoli..just some more of my favorites. Okay, let's go eat. :)
I am not a big fruit guy... blueberries, coconut, pineapple, mango, & apples are just about it... but... I LOVE ME some vegetables! I LOVE to eat them fresh from the garden.
My mother used to keep a garden when we were young and I can remember going out back and picking carrots, tomatoes, onions, okra, and all sorts of others. We would eat them fresh... kinda like a wash-n-go. To this day I still only buy my vegetables in the produce section and usually never more than two or three days in advance.
One of my favorite summertime veggies is squash. LOVE IT! I like to wash and eat it raw, or boil it in water with lots of butter and pepper! YUMMY!
(You can tell I am responding around lunch time! LOL)
My favorite is a mixed bowl of fruits marinated in the juices fr a perfect blend of flavor... OH that does make you hungry!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home