Keith and Carla

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Saved by the Rain!

Well, the girls just thought they were going to get to enjoy their Christmas holidays! There is one huge oak tree on one corner of the house that is nice during the summer, but come Fall & Spring, it does become a chore. Fall - there is the raking of leaves and acorns (we gathered 13 bags of acorns last year and that is just what we could gather). Come Spring, because the soil is so soft in East Texas, the acorns that you didn't gather in the Fall begin growing and you have to go around and pluck them up or they will grow to be just what you don't want anymore of in the yard...OAK TREES!!!

Mallory and Taylor (and their mother) had only been going for about 30 minutes, when the rain began to fall. SAVED!!! Of course, we had to come in. Girls are made of sugar, and they will melt! The girls were just sooo... upset (hear the sarcasm?). Oh well, the leaves will wait for another day.

7 Comments:

At 3:16 PM , Blogger Dan Bryant said...

When you are finished there, we have some leaves here in WFalls for the girls. Just come by and I will show you where to get started.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Tammy Bryant said...

East Texas and trees, you have to love it.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Bro. Dan,

Taylor is standing here with me and says, "No, thanks!"

Yes, you have to love East Texas. I'm just glad that we live in the city and can't smell the burning of the leaves. It can really get stinky when you smell the burning ones!

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

Leaves in December! We have snow! Leaves have been gone ages ago! LOL! Come shovel snow girls!

 
At 1:48 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

I think you were looking for an excuse!

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Carla, you know where to come when you get sick of the OAK TREES! We have beautiful MESQUITES up here in North Texas! I love the leaves falling, and the burning or leaves. Daddy used to burn leaves in California when I was growing up! I loved getting out and playing in the piles of leaves that Daddy and Mother had raked up. LOL! Of course, I would get in trouble for spreading them out again, but not too bad. This just brought back a lot of memories. Enjoy!

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms,

We all played in the leaves the first year we moved in this house. I don't know what the neighbors thought about their "new" neighbors, but it was fun!

What is fun, is while we are raking, Taylor makes up stories and tells them as they "pop" into her brain. It can really become quite comical!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home