Keith and Carla

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Clark's Christmas/New Year


Wow! It seems like ages since I have sat down at the computer to "blog." Christmas was wonderful! I love it when you can have the day off with family to enjoy.



Keith was surprised and thrilled with his gift (that's putting it mildly)!

We actually beat the girls in getting up. You can tell by Mallory's face, that she's not quite awake!


Finally! Since I love to cook, this is the one gift that has been long awaited.











We had a great time together, Keith, I, and the girls on Christmas morning, followed by lunch with Mom and Dad, and Dad's brother, Jesse Bradley. You can tell by their pictures that they did enjoy lunch!





Our service on New Year's Eve was wonderful. We had a couple of new visitors. It is a backslider and her daughter that live in the area.

The final count for our Christmas for Christ offering was...(drum roll)...$1,057.03!!! Keith and I were so excited. We are anxiously awaiting to see what God has in store for the church in 2007.

As I was sitting in Sunday School this past Sunday, the lesson was about prayer (It seems that is what the messages have been on as of late). Upon opening my Bible, my eyes fell upon several verses of Scripture in Genesis. It was an answer (I felt) to the prayers that we have been praying. Of course, new souls are always on the hearts of every pastor and wife, but it seems it has been really strong lately.

Genesis 13:14-17 - (14)"And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever. (16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. (17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it, and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee."


After service on Sunday, we went home packed up and went to see Keith's family in Ft. Worth. Keith's mother looked really great and seems to be doing good after her heart "episodes." After spending one night there, it was back home to see Kevin and Shelli and the kids. I love family!!!

9 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger Kassie said...

Love the pictures! I'm glad you had a good holidays. :)

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Finally! I just knew you had fallen off the end of the earth! But, it looks like you have been very busy! Does you Dad know that you are posting pictures like this for the world to see? Glad you had a good Christmas - and the promise of souls sounds even better!

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Dan Bryant said...

That ain't right taking pictures of people while they are trying to get in a good nap. Remember, what goes around, comes around. :)

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Dan Bryant said...

Looks like Bro Keith got a Satellite like I did for Christmas. I was surprised at mine too.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Tammy Bryant said...

Great to hear from you again! The pictures are lovely. The girls will love for you to use those in the wedding in the way future!!! I can hear it now, mom!
We passed through but it was EARLY on the day after Christmas and I do mean EARLY!
Happy New Year!
Thanks for the scriptures, they are great reminders.

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Welcome back to the "blogging world"! I've missed you! I love the pictures of everyone relaxing and having a great Christmas! I also love the "promises of God"! We're believing God with you!

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

It's so good hearing from everyone!

No, Gene, Dad doesn't know about the picture, unless he's checked the blog site since this afternoon. I haven't received a phone call yet.

Tammy, I will say that the day after Christmas is the one day I did sleep in, although we are getting used to phone calls at different hours of the day/night. I still would have loved to have seen y'all, but I do understand.

I know the family will probably "get" me for the pictures and want to put mine on there, but I am always the one that seems to have the camera!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed New Year!!!

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

Looks like your holidays turned out pretty great! May this new year continue on w/ much greatness.

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I enjoyed the pictures and am glad you all had a great holiday. I want one of those mixtures too, only I want one in red.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home