It Feels Like Home
Upon stepping out of the house for just a moment, my hair was almost taken off of the top of my head! In East Texas, the wind doesn't usually blow like it is today. So today, if I get a little homesick, I just might step outside, close my eyes, and dream of home. The wonderful wind, the beautiful mesquite trees, the red (my favorite color) dirt... No, I'm not teasing about those mesquite trees! LOL. They do have a certain beauty about them that the pine trees around here do NOT have.
Wichita Falls...you've gotta love it!!!

8 Comments:
Hmmmm....gotta love it???? I hate to be disloyal but I do not like it at all!!!!!!!!!!! And I was raised there!
But then again I don't care for East Texas either!!
Come to Calgary and I'll show you beautiful country!! LOL!
Judy,
Calgary is beautiful - at least what I remember (it's been '85 since I was there), but there IS a certain beauty to the place I call my earthly home. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
The wind has been blowing like that around here, too. In fact, we lost electricity today for about an hour because of it!!
Carla, come on home! We just about got blown all the way to Oklahoma today! LOL!! The red dirt was definitely being relocated. I'm glad you love it like I do. I love North Texas because we can see for MILES and MILES in any direction!
Sis. Elms, that is one of my favorite things about home. To drive up just a small hill and being able to see for what seems like miles and miles...and the sunsets, there are none that can compare to home! No trees to block the view. LOL.
Carla, Wish you would come back and see us! This time with the family!!!!
The great thing about Calgary is that you can see for miles here too! It is situated at the edge of the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. So we have unlimited view for miles. But off in the distance are the magnificient Rockies! Yes, it does get a bit cold in the winter but the summer are perfect!!
Judy, I would love to come see you again (with family)! I'm waiting for this magnificent house of yours to get finished.
As for Calgary, I think I would love the cold. We don't have much of a winter (just a few snow flurries this year). I know, it's a quite a bit colder than here, but it still beats the East Texas humidity in the summers that makes your hair and everything else just stick to you! LOL.
For sure when our house is finished you have a standing invitation to come!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home