Valentine's Day
I don't think I'm ready for this! Last night at church, Mallory's Dad was approached by a young man wanting to know if he could give her a box of chocolates after service. Yes, that is polite of him to ask, but she's not old enough for that!!! I've always tried to prepare myself for that "someday," but it's way too soon.
She didn't say anything to me last night and when I woke up this morning to find a box of chocolates, I asked her about it. She sheepishly grinned and said, "I don't like him like "that", and I didn't want the teasing." No, I didn't tease, and my heart was relieved to hear her say, "I don't like him like 'that'." Whew!!! This young guy was very considerate of her sister also, but all Taylor got was a little package of gummy worms (one of her favorites).
I know, I know...it will come sooner rather than later, just hopefully a "little" later rather than sooner.

6 Comments:
That's cute! It is coming for real - SOON! We got a phone call from a girl at 2:00am last week! She likes our boys, but she had been dared to do it. She got in major trouble from her parents and came to apologize. It is hard to believe that your kids have started into that area of life!
This comment has been removed by the author.
So glad Mallory didn't get a 2 am phone call!
OH MY! Not Mallory already! It is too soon, but I promise you really do want that day to come. Just not right now! The kids are growing up.
LOL! Do you REALLY believe she doesn't like him "that" way?! LOL! Too cute.
Karla,
I do believe her. She is a lot like her mother in that if she were lying, you would be able to tell. She can't conceal things very well.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home