Keith and Carla

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun!

What a weekend! Friday night, with Mallory gone to a Youth Rally, Keith in Tyler (at a class to get his C.E.U.s to renew his Physical Therapy license), Taylor and I enjoyed a quiet, wonderful evening together. I do thank God, for these wonderful girls He has blessed us with. I love you, Mallory and Taylor!!!

Then early Saturday morning (6:30 am is really, really early for a Saturday!), I arose, got my exercise in and headed off to the church to begin the cleaning process so that we could have service on Sunday. Keith had to head back to Tyler at 7 am to finish up his class that would last until 3:00 pm.

It is amazing what can happen when there is unity! When I arrived, I stared at the mess before me, but then the ladies came, began grabbing brooms, mops, vacuums, etc. and went to cleaning. While the ladies were cleaning, the men cleaned up outside, put in insulation, sheetrock, the heater (which was very much needed), and the electrician was finishing up his part. Keith and I are so blessed to have such wonderful people as a part of the church here in Quitman. We finally left the church a little after 10 pm, and crawled into a warm bed for a wonderful night's sleep.

It was so much fun watching people as they entered the sanctuary on Sunday morning. They were so excited about the expansion! Even with the tiredness of everyone, they just jumped in with both feet during the service. Worship lasted over an hour, and people were in the altar seeking God. We are so full from this morning! There was a young lady that was there today with her 3 children, that was at the Kidz Rally in September '06, when we were privileged to have Gene, Karla, and the Plochs with us. We also had another new couple that have decided to make this their church home. The lady called me on the phone about 3 weeks ago and began asking questions. She wanted to know what we believed, so I began telling her. When I finished, I asked her what else she wanted to know. She then proceeded to tell me that she just wanted to check us out, because she didn't want to get mixed up with any of those "Jesus Only" people. I told her that she just needed to come check us out! Keith told me I should have told her "the rest of the story," but I didn't want her judging us just by what she had heard about us. It was on the following Sunday they came that Keith went into Jesus' name baptism and some of the Godhead. She came back the following Wednesday night, told us how much they enjoyed themselves, and that they wanted to start coming to services here. She has received the Holy Ghost, but I'm not sure about him. We shall see what will happen there!

More great things are happening!


Here are some pictures of our workday.


Insulation going in; sheetrock going up!













It took 3 ladies to put up a mirror, 5 to supervise!










Our youth leader, Johnny Wetzel, works for Cannon copiers, and has an air-conditioning business also. He is donating his labor to the church. Thank You, Bro. Wetzel!!!


The somewhat finished product - we actually have four sections of chairs in the sanctuary. We are big time now!!! LOL.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Looks great! You do have some great people. You really are big time!

 
At 1:05 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

I love it when God does great things! He loves using His people to do His work and He blesses everytime. WOW! How grea is our God! You and Bro. Keith take after "Him"! Love you!

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Wow, y'all work really fast! We can't wait to see the expansion. It is so exciting to hear what God is doing in Quitman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home