Keith and Carla

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Week's Review

It has been quite a week. On Monday evening, we had a family viewing for my Dad's oldest brother, Harley Bradley. It turned into a nice discussion about our church and what all was going on. My cousin's daughter, who just moved down from Montana, told us that she would love to come visit sometime. Another cousin was talking to Keith about her son, who wanted to be baptized, but he didn't want anyone else but Keith to do it! Others were putting in their thoughts. God had the door wide open, and we stepped through it. Who knows what will come of it all?!

We buried my uncle on Tuesday with full military honors. He was a proud soldier who served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam on the front lines. The playing of "Taps," the 21-gun salute, and the Army soldiers that were there for the march and the folding of the flag, made you stand a little taller and so proud to be a part of this great country. Uncle Harley was a very unique person, who will be greatly missed.

As we sat through the funeral service, I couldn't help but look around at the different family members and thinking how blessed I was to know the truth that I know. How out of all of my Dad's family is my Dad the only one (as of right now) to have responded to God and experienced the greatest gift on earth? What a blessed person I am!!!

Mallory called me from camp on Thursday afternoon all excited. She was trying to talk and was stumbling all over her words. I patiently listened and finally got in on the end of what she was trying to tell me. She had been nominated out of all of the girls in her dorm for "Camper of the Year!" She let me know that when her name was called out during action hour that she was scared. She said, "Mom, I know I didn't do anything wrong!" She told me she was so relieved when they told her what was going on. No, she didn't make it to the final round, but we are still proud of her!

Saturday evening I experienced a first for me. First of all, let me tell you that I don't like golf. It moves too slow for me. I don't understand hardly anything about what is going on, except that I know the ball is supposed to go into the hole where the flag is on something called a green, but I did go with Keith to play at the Mineola golf course. It is only nine holes so it wasn't the long version. I did have fun riding in the golf cart, and read while he played. I did watch some, and I think I figured out that golf is not supposed to be played like he plays it! LOL. We did laugh a lot and since there was no one else out there, when he was through we took a little drive in the cart. I just wish I had of remembered my camera! It would have been priceless. I did enjoy my time spent with my best friend and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Then to top it all off, Sunday's service was so refreshing. The presence of God was moving from the first note of the first song. The message that Keith preached, "The Importance of Guarding Your Heart," was soul-stirring. There was an extra lingering in the altars. The anointing was so strong!

I know this post is a little long, but I haven't posted in a week so you get it all at once! Have a blessed week!

5 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Carla, I'm sorry for your families loss. It's not easy losing those we love. I thankful that doors opened for ya'll to talk to family about the church.

CONGRATULATIONS, Mallory! You're a sweetheart!

The golf game sounds like so much fun! I wish you would have had your camera. LOL! You ought to try playing sometime, Carla! You might shock yourself and actually get that little ball in the hole in the green!! LOL!

I'm glad ya'll had great services. There's nothing like a great Pentecostal service!!! Have a great week.

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Roxana said...

You have had quite a week! I'm looking forward to hearing about your family coming to the Truth!!! I'm always amazed at what happens when I step through a door that God opens!!!

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. It sounds like God could be using it to reach others. Your family is real light in this dark world. Congratulations to that great daughter of yours! The nomination is SO AWESOME! It is good to hear the good reports of God moving in Quitman. Keep on keeping on.

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

OK - It has now been 3 weeks since your last post. This is uncalled for. Missing you.

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Roxana said...

I'm with Bro. Gene...I check on you daily!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home