Keith and Carla

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Here it goes...


It's been almost a month since the last "real" post, so I will begin with the earlier part of July. Nothing spectacular has happened, just busyness. We had a good July 4th. It was spent with just us four for most of the day, cooking out and enjoying each others company, and Kevin and Chrissy Kelly and their family met us at the Lake Brenda dam to set off our fireworks that evening.

The girls were ready to go, although they wouldn't have anything to do with the big "ones". They did enjoy the sparklers!


The girls with the Kelly's daughter - Amanda.


It finally stopped raining so that we got a gorgeous view of the sun setting. I did take a picture of the first star, something that we had not seen in over a month, but left it off so you wouldn't think I was totally nuts.


Keith enjoyed the sparklers also. Just a big kid at heart!



Jessalyn and Blaine (my brother's two kids) were here for 2 weeks. The girls really enjoyed their company. Mimi and Papa enjoyed the entertainment of them all, I'm sure. Somehow, I've misplaced the pictures of them!

We are continuing with our expansion project. Below are some pictures of the nursery (if I haven't posted them before) and the multi-purpose room. It is not too far off from being finished, and we are ready for it to all be over!!!





The multi-purpose room should be done in another 2-3 weeks (hopefully). I will show some more pictures when it is totally complete.



We also enjoyed a visit from Uncle Johnny, Aunt Freda, and cousin, Judy. It was a great time spent together. It's too sad that our families are scattered out all over the place!!! As you grow older, there's things that you realize you can't do without, and that's family and friends.





The church has been blessed once again! We had someone come to us and let Keith and I know that they wanted to donate the money for a keyboard. It was me and a guitar player for the first 3-1/2 years, then God blessed us with a drummer, and finally we have a piano player!!! Today was her first day to play in service and I must say that it added to the worship. Thank the Lord!!!



Okay, I will stop now, because this post is getting tooooooo long!!! I guess that will teach me to keep up with my blogging! Have a blessed week...

10 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger Roxana said...

Ahh, it's so good to read up on the happenings of a wonderful Quitman family! Looks like you've been having a good time with family, so I can understand not posting...Nah, not really!! But I love ya'll anyway!!

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

It was great being with you and your family. Love you so much. Can't wait until you come to Canada to see us! I know the girls are ready! Right girls!! Come on!!!

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Good post I really enjoyed the update! It's nice to see you all enjoying eachh other as a family! The church looks great I know you all have put many hours into it! It shows! I am especially happy for your new keyboard. God always knows wht we need and the right timing and who's heart to lay it on....He's a pretty Awesome God!!!
I look forward to many more exciting post!

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Sheree said...

So glad to see all is going well for you. Congratulations on the keyboard. We are currenltly helping a church in La Mesa and when we are not there there is no music. So when we walk in the door they are very happy people. Music definatley adds another element. Thanks for the post. And by all means keep them comming.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Glad to see the great reports - even if it is several weeks late!!!!!! We are so happy for you.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

I'm glad you are back!
Enjoyed all the pics.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

P.S. We are looking forward to being with you on Friday.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Karen, looking forward to being with y'all, too!

Thanks to everyone on their comments. I've really missed blogging!

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

oh and by the way....you are looking fabulous Carla! Go girl go!

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Thanks, Judy! It's still a work in progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home