Well, I've let another week go by without blogging, so I thought I'd better update. It's been a busy week. I can't even remember what happened the first couple of days (it's been a blur & I'd have to go look at my planner which I don't have before me), but we had an awesome, deep move of God in the Wednesday service (that I can remember). There was a lingering in the altar. One of those deep, soul-searching times in His presence. Thursday evening was our Ladies' Bible study (yes, I am teaching it & yes, it is nerve racking!!!) For those of you who don't know, I get REALLY sick when I have to speak for just a few minutes, so you can imagine what a Bible study does to my stomach. Although I do know that someone has been praying for me, because I didn't even get nauseated this past week. Miracles still happen!!!
Friday, Keith and I took off in the afternoon and spent some time with the girls. They are growing so quickly and we can't risk missing out on our special times with them. What incredible kids the Lord has blessed us with! I do appreciate them.
Saturday, the youth had a car wash for one of their fund-raisers. Keith and I (and a couple of others) worked in our new cafe area doing some touch up things and putting tables together. There are just a few finishing touches (like greenery on top of the cabinets) that are left to do. Below are some pictures for y'all to see what we now get to enjoy.
Bro. Kevin Prince and his wife, Jacklyn, came in Saturday evening and we were privileged to spend some time with them. He preached for us this morning, and I have to add that it went along with everything that we have been hearing for the past month. God has some great things in store for the church!

6 Comments:
CARLA!!! You look awesome! I love your sweater. The cafe looks so neat. Can't wait to see it in person. It's good to hear what God is doing in Quitman.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla, thanks for your comments! I've been looking at myself in the mirror daily, so I don't see the change as much as others might. As far as the cafe goes, Keith and I came up with the idea, but we have an awesome group of dedicated people who have put forth a lot of time, effort, and money to see those ideas come about.
Hey! I love the cafe look! Everything looks so professional. (The lights hanging over your counter match the one we have in our stairwell!....great taste - LOL!) Congratulations on your Bible Study. Glad you are able to teach without shaking legs!!! Good to read this report.
Sis. Carla, I remember the first time I taught (in Texarkana), I had to sit down because my knees were literally knocking together. LOL I know the feeling.
Everything looks so nice! I love the Cafe.
Great job!
Hey Carla...I am like Karla...I was looking at you and thinking how great you look!!!! WOW!
Oh and yes, the Cafe looks awesome too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home