Keith and Carla

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update

Well, after my cousin's last comment on my birthday post, I thought I'd better update! Hmmm...where do I start? Maybe with my birthday? My family was extremely good to me, as usual. I was treated like a queen! Keith let me shop, and he went along with me and didn't even complain! He did really good!!! After taking me to eat at Red Lobster, we drove around the Azalea Trail in Tyler. The Azalea Trail is in a historic area with some stately homes and some English style looking cottages. It is in an area where we love to go looking. Here are just a couple of pictures to show you.



This is a picture of some of the azaleas in our front yard. They are only a couple of years old, so they aren't very big yet.


Last week, I, along with six other ladies, went to Ladies' Conference in Lufkin. It was a great time spent in God's presence and also a good time spent with some wonderful ladies. I found out that we have some that can be really mischievious!

We made some memories last week. After Keith and I finished mowing and trimming the yard, we grilled out. It was quite cool, so we got out the jackets and sweaters, and then got the fire pit going!




The girls did a great job of weeding all of the flower beds!



Candid camera!!!


Roasting the feet! I did have mine up there, but it wasn't easy taking the picture and holding both legs in mid-air (and I might add, not very ladylike!).


Gene, how's that for an update?!

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Sounds like y'all are having a great spring! The azaleas are gorgeous - my mother would have loved that drive!

 
At 1:14 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

I've always wanted to go on the Azalea drive, but never had the chance. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love this post, because ya'll are having so much fun!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Finally! And the pictures are great! Glad you are having a great time just living. We'll have to get together again sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home