Keith and Carla

Sunday, July 27, 2008

God Knows...

Just what we need! These past few weeks have been tough ones. Keith and I have had to deal with some issues that have left us drained and tired. This morning, God ministered to us. What an awesome God we serve! We are so blessed.

During worship, a fit of laughter came over me. I was having a hard time holding it in, when this lady came dancing down the aisle. About the same time, Keith turned to look at me and was laughing as he looked my way! I could contained my laughter no more. I began laughing so hard that I couldn't see to play the organ. What a refreshing! After going home and taking our Sunday siesta, I woke up giggling some more.

Proverbs 17:22 says it so well, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth up the bones." God knows just what we need, and always answers just in time! I will say that the laughter from today did better than any medicine could have done and was a gift from God!

The little song that we used to sing as a child in Sunday School comes to mind:

"The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength,
The joy of the Lord is my strength!"

I always did and still do, like this second part the best:

" The devil doesn't like it, Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
The devil doesn't like it, Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
The devil doesn't like it, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
The joy of the Lord is my strength!"

Thank the Lord for laughter!

5 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger Tracie Smith said...

There certainly is strength in joy! I know that is why the Devil attempts to distract our minds so he can rob us of joy. I'm glad you felt the JOY OF THE LORD in your service today! You will find strength thru out the week as a result. Love you, girl!

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Carla, I can see and HEAR you laughing! I love how God takes away our stress through JOY! Walk through this week with a song in your heart, knowing He is with you and is taking care of you! LOVE YOU!

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

I'm glad you had a great time of joy! You snorted didn't you?! We need to get together.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Gloria said...

I was so pleased to see you and Pastor let go & let God. I know so many times you feel that you have to carry the load and in doing so neglect yourselves. As it was said in service the rivers of LIVING water were flowing and so many stepped in. Thank God for the refreshing.
Love you

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

amen to that, laughter is what we need sometimes when things are ruff. it always make you feel better even more so when it comes from the LORD...God is so Great! He is on time for sure ~ 8-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home