Keith and Carla

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Pastor's Appreciation

With this month being Pastor's appreciation, the church that we are privileged to lead, blessed us this past Wednesday evening. There were several that spoke, but I will mention only two.

As we sat there listening to these men speak, my mind went back to when we first met these people. As Candelario Aguilar spoke, I couldn't help but think of when he first came to service. He used to work in Wal Mart, and my Dad had handed him a church card inviting him to a service. He carried that church card in his wallet for several months before he came. When he came, he came wanting whatever God had for him. He is an incredible young man that God has anointed, and he is such a blessing to us. He is usually not a real emotional person (except in his worship), but he left us in tears with his kind words.

Kevin Kelly was the last speaker. He told of when we gave them Bible studies. My mind again went back to when we first met Kevin and Chrissy. Oh, what a change has transpired! They don't hardly look like the same people. Bro. Kevin is a miracle not just in the saving of his soul, but God's healing him of cancer. He and Sis. Chrissy are pillars in the church today. He put together a slideshow like only he can do. It started with some of Keith's baby pictures, his growing up years, and the starting of the church up till now.

Brenda Rodgers and her assistant, Gloria Favors, presented Keith & I with a card ($$$), and the girls received one also. I also was blessed with a money bouquet. It smells sooo good, but I don't know if I should disassemble the flowers for the money?! Maybe later.

After service was over, the church had a reception for us. It had all of our favorite foods! Everything was so good.

Today at service a lady came to me and handed me a bowl of homemade soup still steaming hot. We came home and ate. It was so nice not having to go out or come home and fix something myself.

We are blessed to be a part of this incredible group of people! They are the best!!!

Thanks to VFC for loving us and our girls!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger Tracie Smith said...

I enjoyed your post. There is nothing that equals a pastor and wifes feeling for their congregation. I could feel your excitement talking about the 2 gentleman you won to the Lord. I know you probably feel like I feel - nothing equals being a part of changes made to a life.

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

What a great post from a loving pastor's wife. Glad they are honoring you in such a great way.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger janet anglin said...

You both deserved this! You are such loving and caring people, and I'm sure they feel blessed to have ya'll as their pastor!

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I enjoyed this post. You all have done a great job. It is remarkable that a young church has caught the blessing of honoring those to whom honor is due.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home