Keith and Carla

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So long, Ike!!!

Well, we've been waiting all week to see where Ike would land, how bad it would be, etc. I'm tired of Ike! I know the people on the coast are, too. Now, Ike has finally moved out of the area. We are still getting a little wind and rain, but not much. Amazingly, we never lost power during the storm!

We tried to take care of small objects and other things yesterday before Ike arrived. The patio umbrella was taken down and ALL of the patio chairs were laid down to keep from getting blown over. They would have had they been left sitting up. I've watched them being blown over during lesser winds than we received today. Upon getting up this morning, the picture below shows what we saw. There was one chair that was sitting up. I know I laid them all down. Keith watched me do it. Keith and the girls say they didn't set the chair up. Well, if they didn't, who did??? During all of the wind that we received, the one chair that is sitting up was never blown over or even moved!!! Maybe I'm going crazy???

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger Madison S. said...

My kids seem to blame everything on their angel if they can't blame it on one another. Like oh that light I didn't leave it on maybe my angel turned it on for me. They think of everything. Maybe your Angel was relaxing in the back yard while the winds were blowing??

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

That's cool! The Master of the wind just had to sit there for a while! Love y'all!

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger Johnny King said...

Perhaps you laid all the chairs down and the wind blew that one upright. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home