Keith and Carla

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In the Dark

Yesterday evening, I did something I had never done before. I mowed part of our yard in the dark. Due to a change of time in Mallory's piano lessons, I didn't get started as early as I wanted to. For those of you who don't know, we have a "fairly" large yard, and I do it for my exercise one day a week. Keith has offered to buy a riding lawnmower, but I prefer the exercise.

It wasn't dark when I started, but as I finished the front yard, the sun had set. So...I mowed the backyard in the dark! I set the speed to the highest that it would go and just let the lawnmower pull me around. Even though my eyes had adjusted somewhat, there were still places in the yard that were too dark to tell just where the lines were where I had already been.

I was really worried about missing some of it and about the lines being straight, but when I got up this morning and looked out the window...yeah, I didn't miss anything and the lines were fairly straight!!!

Isn't that just like our walk with God at times? Sometimes we're in the dark, not really comprehending where we're going or what direction we are headed in. We are just going by faith. Holding onto the hand of God, letting Him pull us through our situations. Faith is our radar that helps us get through the dark times. It is believing not just that God can, but that He will see us through whatever situation comes our way. God even sets the speed. Sometimes the darkness doesn't last as long (high speed) and sometimes it lasts for a VERY long time (slow speed). As long as we hold to God's unchanging hand, he will direct our steps!

6 Comments:

At 8:43 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Good post Carla.
Love Ya!
Karen

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

Been there...done that!

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Awesome post! I would have love to have been there to see that. Yes, I have "faithed it" in the dark and many times it turns out better than if I can see it all. Love the thought.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

LOL-glad your yard turned out well. So, true about our faith-I just need to keep holding on, and keep my faith strong.
Love you'll

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Tammy Bryant said...

That was a neat little message my friend. How God can liken such simply little things to living for HIM is very exciting and moving.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Thank you Carla for a great lesson! I love the way God helps us understand even "in the dark". Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home