Keith and Carla

Monday, September 24, 2007

Thought it was time for another update, so here it goes. These last two weeks seem to blur together, so I will start with this past Friday. As most of you know, Keith & I, and the church here in Quitman, TX, were privileged to receive a Church-in-a-Day in March of 2006. It was an incredible event to watch especially when you are on the receiving end of it. Some friends of ours in Lindale (about 15 minutes from us & home missionaries also) were blessed to have their own building erected on Friday, September 21st. For those that don't know what Church-in-a-Day is, it is a program where skilled laborers come together to help put up your building in a day, basically. Of course, there is a lot of prep work that most do not know about unless they are the ones that have done the prep work. For most of the churches that receive one of these buildings, it is an interest free loan for the duration of the loan. The church that receives the CIAD basically pays for the materials that goes into the building.

Congratulations to the Dumas' and their congregation!


Usually I would have gone to see this awesome event, but I had to stay home and pack for a quick trip to Wichita Falls. Another wedding, this time it was the girl that was the junior bride in mine and Keith's wedding. Lindsey was a beautiful bride and I wish her the best. It doesn't seem possible - but time really does fly!


As we were getting ready to come back to East Texas, I had Keith stop the car for a picture. Those here in our congregation have heard me talk about beautiful sunsets in Wichita Falls, so I had to stop and take a picture for proof. Yes, we have sunsets here in East Texas, but you can't see them for the trees. There is also a picture of the most popular tree in Wichita Falls (this is for those here in East Texas that have NEVER seen a mesquite tree). LOL!



I have also included some pictures of some pretty awesome people in our lives. Enjoy!






A wonderful ending to our weekend was the service on Sunday. The presence of God came in like a flood and was so sweet. There was a literal "holy hush" that came over the congregation. Even the little ones became quiet! The song "I Can't Find the Words" comes to my mind when trying to describe Him. I'm so thankful that we don't have to wait for a service to feel Him, but we can feel Him everyday of the week - even when going about our daily schedules!

Take care and have a blessed week!!!

7 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger iluv2prshim said...

I Love this Post! God is Good to His people!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

Carla, it was so good having you and your family home for the wedding. It's always so fun having ya'll here. I love the special events in life that bring us all back together. I'm happy for what God is doing through you and Keith in Quitman. I just have to say again....your girls are gorgeous! Love you all!

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

It was great to see you and the family! Looking forward to your anniversary service in November.

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

Carla, all the pics were great but I couldn't pass on commenting on how beautiful you look! What a looker!!!

Thankful for you and your family and all you are doing for the kingdom!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Elms,

It's always great when we are able to make a trip home! Thanks for your compliment on the girls - I do remind them though that the inside is so much more important than the outside. Love you!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Gene,

It is ALWAYS a pleasure to see you and the family! We are looking forward to y'all being with us...

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Judy,

Thanks for the compliment! Love & miss y'all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home