Fall
I love this time of year! The leaves are starting to turn colors and cooler weather is coming soon, I hope(it's 80 degrees out today). We will soon be outside raking the leaves up unless a "good breeze" comes along and blows them into the neighbor's yard, but then that can work both ways! LOL.
Yesterday morning, we took Mallory to a piano festival in Canton, where she played one of her pieces, by memory, before a judge. We are not allowed into the room while she is playing, so I didn't get any pictures. Her piano teacher did let me know that she received a "superior" rating. Go, Mallory!!!
After Mallory's piano festival, we came home where Keith worked on his message for Sunday and the girls and I baked cookies. They have been wanting to make some "fall" cookies. No, I didn't feel like it. I was tired, but how could I pass up this time to be spent with my precious girls?! They are growing too quickly and I don't want to miss one moment of their time with us.
The finished product!
We were invited by the Princes' to attend a concert by the Tyler Tabernacle Ensemble, that the Princes' hosted at Bullard Middle School. Keith and I couldn't resist supporting some of our friends and fellow home missionaries. It was some great musical talent and there was a good turnout!
Kris Prince playing and singing a song that he wrote.
I may get it for blogging this next picture, but I can't help myself! On the way to Bullard yesterday evening, we were having fun with the camera while in the car and here is one of the pictures that I took (this is one of the 'better' ones by the way). I won't post the one that Keith took of me!
I finally got a new pair of exercise shoes!!! These new shoes are sooo comfortable, they almost feel like houseshoes on my feet. They are featherlight - about half the weight of my old ones (and $20 dollars cheaper)! This is my 7th pair in a little less than 3 years. They say that you can put about 500 miles on a pair, and I have found that to be about right. My older ones still look good on the outside, but on the inside there's just nothing there. Hmmm...there could be a message in that. How often do we tend to look the part on the outside, but let the inside (our spiritual side) get run down?
Finally, I will end this post. Service this morning was incredible! From the first song, there seemed to be an electrical charge. God blessed and renewed everyone that was open to Him! What a mighty God we serve!!!

3 Comments:
Keith knows better than to pose for a blogger with a camera! At least one would think so by now!!
What kind of shoes did you get? I have soooo much trouble finding anything that is comfortable.
As for time with the girls...I can really relate. I miss way too many oportunities being busy or tired.
Those cookies look delicious! Enjoyed this update! Looking for y'all coming to see us....
Sorry it has taken almost a week to thank y'all for coming to the concert. So glad you could make it and hope you enjoyed it!
Enjoyed this random blog!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home