Keith and Carla

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Truly Thankful

This being Thanksgiving week, I want to take a little time out from "busyness" to thank God for all of his wonderful blessings.

I am blessed to have been raised by two wonderful parents that taught me to love this truth that I know. God allowed me to be "raised" by a wonderful, loving church family. I am blessed to be married to a loving, God-fearing husband, and together we have two precious girls, and the list could go on and on...

I am also so VERY thankful to be alive and in one piece today. This past week, Keith and I were invited by one of the wonderful families in the church for dinner. The girls and I went in a separate car, because Keith was busy and coming from a different direction than us. After a wonderful dinner, great fellowship, we left and headed home. This family lives on a very winding road, and if you've driven through East Texas in the dark, on a winding road, out in the boonies, you will kind of understand my story. I wasn't speeding. I am a cautious driver and was taking my time, but on the sharpest curve I mistakenly overestimated the curve and begin to feel the car start to go into a spin. I was so startled that I couldn't even say the name, "Jesus," but it did go through my thoughts. I'm so thankful that I serve a God that doesn't just hear me when I talk to Him, but that He is a mind reader and knows my thoughts. He knows me like no one else does! When the name of Jesus went throught my mind, I don't know how to really explain what happened next, but as I began to try and correct the car, this "force" took over the steering wheel. It was so powerful, that as I was trying to correct the car, it was pulling in the opposite direction. It wasn't until the car was corrected, that I was finally able to steer the car again! I was speechless and couldn't even talk to Mallory who was sitting in the passenger seat (Taylor was with Keith in his car).

When we pulled into the garage at home and got out of the car, I asked Keith if he saw what happened. He told me, "I don't know how you did it. I thought you were gone!" I let him know that God had taken care of us, that my steering would have messed things up. Thank you, Jesus, for your protection!!!


This week I am blessed to be able to help my Dad celebrate his 73rd birthday! Seven years ago, the doctors didn't give too good of a prognosis. But thanks again goes to God for sparing his life and allowing us to enjoy him a while longer. He is a blessing to the church here, and is such a great example!





We will be leaving this Wednesday, for Fort Worth, to be with Keith's family on Thanksgiving. May all of you out in "Bloggerville" have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM , Blogger Karla said...

WOW!! I'm glad y'all are okay!! God is so awesome!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Roxana said...

Awesome, Carla! I'm glad God won't let you drive out of His Hand, no matter the roads or elements that try to throw you off!

Ummm...Maybe ya'll should book a flight to go see Keith's parents though!! I've heard testimony about his driving too! lol

I love ya!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Have a great thanksgiving! Glad you are OK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home