Keith and Carla

Monday, January 28, 2008

New Addition

Well, after almost a year of research (on Keith's part), looking online, in the newspaper, and on car lots, we took the plunge! It's not necessarily what we wanted to do, but Keith's little work car was fixing to call it quits. It was 14 years old and had served us well for what it was intended for - a work vehicle. But "Junior" (we name our cars after they are paid for) needed to be replaced, so we found our new vehicle. It's a Honda Odyssey Touring van. It is luxurious; so much so, that I had to read the manual just to figure out how to operate all of the buttons and gadgets it has! The hardest part is getting used to a car payment again. It's been 2-1/2 years since the last one. Yes, I'm sure you can hear the dread in our voices about having to start up an extra payment!



We were also wanting a convertible, and I think God gave us a little of it also, because the van has a sunroof that we can enjoy in the nicer weather! He is like a natural mother and father are to their children. He provides us with our needs, and some of our wants, but not so much so that we become too spoiled.



One of my favorite amenties about our van is what I call the "bun warmers." LOL. When we took it out to test drive it, it was about 35 degrees and drizzling rain. I was looking down at the dashboard trying to figure out the buttons, when I saw the one for the front two seats. Ahhhh...it really felt good that day!!! Nice & toasty!



Now on a more serious note, one of the home missionary ladies in our section has just found out that she has stage 3 breast cancer. She is only 37 or 38 and has 3 children: 8, 5, and 7 months. The doctors have said that she came down with it after the birth of her last baby. Her estrogen levels went through the roof, and they were having a hard time getting them under control. They have only been in home missions for a couple of years, and as most of you know, home missions can be tough under normal circumstances, but when something like this comes up, it gets even tougher. They do have a positive outlook and are trusting God to carry them through, but I want to ask for the prayers of fellow bloggers. Their names are Abraham and Lois Dillman. GOD IS ABLE!!!

9 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Misty Hamel said...

Gotta love those bun warmers! I think of all the options available in today's vehicles, seat warmers are my favorite! Congrats on your new vehicle.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

I am so proud for ya'll, I know you will get much enjoyment out of it. I am sure the girls will to w/ all that room.LOL

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Tammy Bryant said...

Congrats on the new vehicle and the car note, I think. You will enjoy it and it will be paid off in no time.

I will be praying for other.

Miss you and I have some news to tell you. You might even guess it.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

AWESOME! I love the van! You will look good in it and stay warm in the process.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Congrats again on the new van! I see you did not return it sooo you must have relaxed a little about the payment! LOL!
Sis. Dillman has been on my mind since Friday night. I am trusting God for her miracle.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

So glad you got you another vehicle. I know you'll enjoy it. I'm so sorry about Sis. Dillman. I will pray for her and trust God for a healing!

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger Judy King said...

Do you think that van can make it to Calgary?

You might want to try in the summer though....even with the heated seats!!!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Congratulations! There is just nothing like a new car! I hope you all enjoy it to its fullest!!!

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Kari Morgan said...

I will pray for your friend...I went through breast cancer treatment at age 29. I'm 33 now and still kickin'...feel free to give her my email addy
we6go90247@gmail.com I'd love to help her through this. I am a pastors wife in Chowchilla Ca.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home