Keith and Carla

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Should We Update?

Times do change. The new very quickly becomes old stuff, the modern is ancient, today's technological breakthroughs become yesterday's news, and the up-to-date is very soon out-of-date.

The Gospel will never change. It still reads the same today as it did yesterday and it will continue to read the same tomorrow.

Many today think they have outgrown the Gospel. The concepts of sin have been replaced with, "if it feels good do it." Black is no longer black, nor is white no longer white. Man has changed what is wrong to be right, and what is right to be wrong. Man will never outgrow this precious truth! God is the one who determines sin and not man. What behavior is sinful will not change. Men may change what they consider sin or what they call it, but it will not alter what it really is.

The Gospel provides the power to overcome sin, and man today still needs this power.

I am so thankful for this Gospel! I am thankful for this life that I live. I get to go to bed at night without condemnation upon me. The guilt of past sins are gone. The blood has covered them and will continue as long as I stay in the "narrow" path. Thank God for the blood, for it will never lose its power!

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! I enjoyed this!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Amen Sister! The older I get the more I want to hold on to what is right, what is pure and what is true.

See y'all Friday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home