Keith and Carla

Friday, January 04, 2008

God's Blessings

We just finished out a prayer revival tonight. There's no better way to start off a new year! God's presence just gets sweeter with time.

I just had to inform everyone of the blessings God has poured out. I received a call from a lady in our church, who is the mother of the librarian here in Quitman. She said that a lady had walked into the library with a check in her hand wanting to know where she could find the pastor of the church that had met in the library. Virginia Hoffpauir told this lady that she went to this church she was looking for and told her where our new building was. The lady told her she knew where the building was, but she wanted to bless the church with a gift. Virginia then told her, "Well, I will personally see that it gets into the hands of the pastor." The lady told Virginia that the church her and her husband went to had enough money and didn't need any at this time. LOL. It was a nice amount! Also, the man that loaned us the money for our property (interest free) sent a check in the mail, just because. Between these two checks (with a little bit added to them), we are now able to pay off our expansion!!! This has happened in less than a year! God has been so good to us!!!!

Tonight, I was reminded of a prayer that I had prayed when we first started the church. Anyone that has anything to do with music will know what I am talking about. When the church was first started, I was the only one on a keyboard with a guitarist. The music was okay, but drums just add something - rhythm!!! I remember praying asking God to send me DRUMMERS. Not one, but as many as He could. Keith and I got tickled tonight realizing that for a church our size, we are not blessed with one or two, but 3 drummers! The most recent one, along with his family, have just moved into the area. He also plays the bass and is VERY good. He makes me sound better. Now that's a good musician!

God just keeps on blessing!

4 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

How great is our God! WOW! This is just wonderful!!!!! He has been doing wonderful things for you all and we rejoice with you. Now, I hope I can go to sleep tonight. It's hard enough when everything is calm, but when I get excited about something it makes it that much harder! LOL! Love ya'll!

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

That is incredible. Thank God for all of His benefits! I am so happy for you.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Roxana said...

Awesome-tastical!!! Thanks for sharing. My faith is being built up with every testimony!!!

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Carla,
All of your news is just awesome.

Last night we heard a wonderful sermon titled "Business as usual".
In a few words what the minister was saying was "The miraculous is just what happens when God is involved". We should see miracles as business as usual!

Y'all are doing a great work.
Love ya!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home