Children Learn What They Live
While doing our spring cleaning these past couple of weeks, there were things that we ran across from times past. One of those things was simply a little card that I had from when the girls were very small. I'm sure most have heard of it, but it is definitely something that bears hearing or reading from time to time. I guess that's the reason for this post. We have ran across some situations (in the past and now the present) where you can see the damage that has been done to children/kids not from outsiders, but from sources within the home. I pray that our girls have had and will continue to have the examples set before them that will help encourage them in their spiritual and physical growth.
Children Learn What They Live
If a child lives with criticism,
He learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility,
He learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule,
He learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame,
He learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance,
He learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement,
He learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise,
He learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness,
He learns justice.
If a child lives with security,
He learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval,
He learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship,
He learns to find love in the world.

1 Comments:
I remember Bro Elms reading that at every baby dedication! I have thought back to it many times since I've become a parent and have wished I had a copy of that poem. Now I do...Thanks!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home