Keith and Carla

Sunday, March 23, 2008

This week has been a blur! From taking care of normal duties, to shopping for new Easter clothes, getting the kids off to Holiday Youth Convention, music practice, and the list goes on. I am almost glad (but not quite) to see school start back up this week. I almost feel like we need a recovery week!


The girls and I did have a girls' day out, shopping for their clothes, before Mallory left for HYC. I was treated on Friday to a shopping spree by Keith. My favorite store had 60% off of everything in the store!!! And.........since my birthday is this week, Keith let me pick out some new outfits (my closet kind of got emptied out at the garage sale). It's unusual to find that many new things when the store has that big of a sale. I usually find things when they're not on sale and then have to watch for them to be reduced in price and by then they don't have my size!

I hope everyone has had a blessed Easter Sunday! We sure did. There were visitors that had never been before and some returning. One of which comes to mind is a man whose wife is faithful, but he has never made a move towards God. He is very quiet and withdrawn, not having a lot of emotions, but as I sang this morning, I glanced out across the crowd and looked at him just in time to see him wiping his eyes (I hope he wasn't crying because of my singing! LOL). Just teasing!!! No seriously, his wife had a dream about him this past week (I won't go into detail), and she said that it was a major event for him to even come to church. He even went shopping by himself for 3 hours to find himself some new pants and a shirt!

Keith preached, "There's Something Going On In the Graveyard." It wasn't just about the resurrection of Christ, but about God wanting to resurrect people from their spiritual graveyards of sin. It was VERY good!

I can't wait to read other blogger's reports on their wonderful Easter Sunday!

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Great report! I'm glad your Easter was blessed. Your girls look so grown up and beautiful! I would loved to hear Keith's message also - it sounds awesome. Love y'all!

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

I know what you mean about this past week (it was long).
I am so excited to see how God has been moving at church, it's like we have something new and exciting going on every week.I look forward to seeing what God has instore for us this year. It's going to be BIG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home