Keith and Carla

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update

Yesterday, we explored Banff a little more - Bow River/Falls. What beauty! At least we thought it was the best until today.

Today, we hiked up Johnston Canyon. It was 2 miles UP (and I do mean UP), and then 2 miles DOWN. I must say that it was well worth the energy and muscles that it took to get to the lower and upper falls. I will add that it was around 28 degrees when we started out and had warmed up to 35 degrees by the time we got back down. Cold at first, but we had warmed up quite a bit by the time we were through.

We were so hungry by the time that we got through, that we stopped at this little store and grabbed a bite to eat. We took the back roads hoping to see some wildlife, but we have seen more of that around Banff (saw a doe eating someone's yard today in town and a wolf in a camping area) than we did out in the open. We then headed on to Lake Louise. Honestly, we were not planning on walking the trail there, but couldn't resist. So, yes, we walked another 1-1/2 miles down another trail and then back!!! Enough exercise for today!!!!!!!!

We were not disappointed with the scenery that we saw. I will post some more pictures later when I am not trying to hold my eyes open.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Blogger Tracie Smith said...

My legs are aching just reading.....

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Sounds like fun! Keep up updated.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Linda Elms said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!We saw beautiful sights, but never did the hiking. I imagine ya'll saw some awesome beauty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home