Keith and Carla

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vacation Update

Well, I reported on all of the hiking we did yesterday, but I was too tired to put pictures with it. Thankfully, we were still able to move today and weren't sore at all. The only thing that is sore on me is my elbow. After we reached the lower falls at Johnston Canyon, there is a place where you can go under this little tunnel like thing and take pictures. We were leaving this area - Keith made it out, I was warning the girls to go slow (there was a little ice where the water misted from the falls), they made it out and then it was my turn. I was doing good when all of a sudden I was slipping and landed on my right elbow. I'm okay, but my pride was hurt a little!

Here are some pictures from the last few days. Enjoy some more of beautiful Canada!

Keith and the girls in front of Bow Falls.


Part of Bow River is already frozen. Keith decided to test it out, and I'm glad for his sake that it was solid because it was REALLY cold that day!


While driving, we spotted some snow and decided to stop. The girls threw a few snowballs at Keith, and then while the rest of us were headed back to the vehicle, Taylor decided to try to make a snow angel.


The girls and I getting ready to hike Johnston Canyon. It was quite cool that morning - 28 degrees when we started. After hiking a little while, we did warm up some.


The lower falls fell into this area. You can tell it is already icing over in places. Absolutely beautiful! No, I did not alter the pictures, it really does look like this!


The upper falls - it is starting to freeze also. Well worth the climb!



On our way to Lake Louise...



Keith & I at Lake Louise



The Lake Louise Chateau


The color of Lake Louise is absolutely stunning!


Something that we thought was funny. I caught a picture of this bird that landed on a branch right above where Taylor was sitting. It would keep chirping and tweeting at her. This happened on the hiking path going and coming on Lake Louise. When we stopped to read some of the information signs along the way, we found out the bird is called "Clark's Nutcracker."


The end of our hiking path on Lake Louise. Well, we could have gone on further, but since the rest of the hike was straight UP, and we had already done that at Johnston Canyon, we decided we had gone far enough!


I will try to add more pictures later, maybe in a slide, and give you the details of today's episode.

6 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger Tracie Smith said...

What serene beauty!!! I hope you have time to post more. I really enjoyed each pic. I'm glad you are able to have such a fun time with your family.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Kassie said...

What a great trip! Nice pictures...I'm glad you all got to go.

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Beautiful scenery! Have lots of fun!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Chrissy Kelly said...

awe wow - How beautiful!!! Glad u guys are having fun.(we miss you though)

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Gloria said...

Wow Pastor, that was a step of faith steeping out on that ice... Brrrr..
So glad you're having a great time.
WE miss you all hurry back....

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

The pictures are lovely. Hope yall continue to have a wonderful time. I have ot been in that part of Canada. Lake Louise is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home