Keith and Carla

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trust


Well, I "fell off the wagon" in blogging, I suppose, and now it's time to get it going again! Keith has been telling me time and again I need a new post - so here it is!

2008 seemed to be a time of testing and trials, not just in my life but in others, too. There is a special lady in the church here at VFC, who has recently had her share of testing, but has come out stronger and blessed of the Lord! Her name is Delicia Smith (she is pictured on the left, her mother on the right). She moved here almost 3 years ago.

Now, we are in a rural area where jobs of her type are not in abundance. With the economy like it is, I don't know of a whole lot of jobs that are in abundance! Shortly after moving here, she did find one at the small hospital right here in Quitman, about 10 minutes from her house. She was told, several months ago, that they would be moving her office (business) to another hospital about 30-35 minutes away. Mileage would not be paid. She is a single mother so taking care of her son and being there for him was of utmost importance.

While everyone else in her office has been panicking with fear and some even quit their jobs ahead of the deadline to start searching for another one (and still haven't found one!), Sis. Delicia has stood her ground. She felt that the Lord wanted her in Quitman and would provide. Her last day in the business office was to have been on February 27th. A position opened up in the accounting office, which is staying in Quitman, so she applied and found out this Friday, that she was the one that has been chosen for the job! We are rejoicing with her!!! She was going to receive a small severance package, but instead, she will just be moving from one job to another without pause or interruption. Isn't our God faithful?!!!

What if she had "freaked" out and quit like the others? Some quit before they found they could have received a severance package or before this accounting job opened up. She stood still and placed full trust in God. God blessed her and gave her the desires of her heart.

My favorite Scripture is Psalm 37:4-5, "Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; TRUST also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

5 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger Karen Prince said...

Our God is faithful.
Glad you are on the bandwagon
again! I've missed you.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Karla said...

What an awesome testimony!!

So glad you're back in blogland!

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Gene Holley said...

Hey! Such a wonderful miracle! I believe that God blesses those who put Him first.

So good to talk to you on the phone yesterday. It has been forever. Sorry we couldn't get together, but we understand the responsibilities.

Hope to see you in March.

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Delicia Smith said...

Sister Clark, it is so awesome to have the leadership within you and Pastor Clark. I give God all the Glory, casue He knew what I needed to help me to grow in this life. Trials were once a drudge, but now I realize that is how we truly grow, and I count them as BLESSINGS. Thanks for your prayers and support of encouragement during this time, and Pastor seemed to be annointed to preach what I needed to hear to help me stay strong. I love each of you and your family.

Delicia

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Ahhh...Sis. Delicia, you DO read my blog!!! You are such a joy to have here in the church - what a blessing! Love you and Jayson so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home