WHEW!
Oh my! I did something I never thought I could do. I got up at 6:30 this morning to hit a sale, because I just wanted to see what it was like. I don't think I will ever do it again!
First of all, I can't believe I got up that early and actually saw through my sleepy eyeballs to actually find my way to the store. No, it wasn't as early as some others got up, but it was WAY TOO early for me!!! I am NOT a morning person for those of you that don't know.
At the store, a lady from our church almost dropped her jaw when she saw me. "I can't believe it's you!" she exclaimed. I had to let her know I couldn't believe I was there either. And of all places in the store, I realized I was standing in front of the warm flannel pajamas. LOL! Well, by the time I found a couple of items and made my way to the cashier, the check out line was WAY TOO LONG. I stood there for quite some time, finally paid for my stuff and left.
Everyone was up by the time I returned home, so I just stayed up and cleaned the house. I couldn't take anymore this afternoon, so I cuddled up in the recliner and took a nap. It will probably be early to bed for me!
Has anyone else ever hit those EARLY after Thanksgiving sales?

7 Comments:
LOL! I can't believe it either!
I don't think I've ever shopped on black Friday - and I KNOW I've never gotten up early to go. This year I did venture out this afternoon. Got a couple things, but nothing major like some people do. Honestly, I think it's all hype. LOL!
Girl I bought 5 pr of Nike hightop tennis shoes for some of my bus kids. The bill was only $80.00....there's no hype to it. The deals are for the early birds. Fortunately I am an early riser!!!
Not me. I am a marketing major.... it is all to get you in there and buy stuff that you didn't mean to. Plus, you are dlirious from the loss of sleep! Some get good deals, but sleep outside all night to get it. There were tons of people lined around Best Buy last night at 8pm! I don't need nothin' that bad. Glad you had this great experience! LOL!
I did find a couple of things for Mallory's birthday coming up. I did put a something back on the rack before I got to the cashier, because I had plenty of time while standing in line to think about it and realized I was WAY too sleepy to even care that much about it!
I must agree with Bro. Gene and Sis. Karla! I've only attended a Black Friday once, and have NO desire to do that again!! I was young and now I am old, and I cherish my sleep. Hope you got everything you wanted.
My mom and I were up and at it at 8am yesterday, but when the boys were little, we used to get up at 5am to hit the sales. We would literally shop ALL day! We did yesterday too, we got a lot of Christmas shopping done, thank goodness!
Ashley & I spent the entire day in Tyler, in the rain! I'd dropped her off to get her shopping done and was heading back to pick her up so we could have lunch, giving myself 15 minuted to go 4 or 5 blocks! WRONG!! It took 25 minuted from one light to the next light in front of the mall...
What a day!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home