Keith and the girls are in Tyler shopping for the afternoon, so I am home ALONE! It is way too quiet. I think if they're gone I can get a lot done, and then when they are actually gone, I don't do too well with the silence. So here I sit at the computer.
It's been a busy December. Where do I start? We enjoyed seeing Kevin, Shelli and the kids about a week ago (my brother and his wife). The visit was interrupted by an emergency call that they had to leave and take care of, but we enjoyed what we could.
The pictures below were taken at Big Smith's Barbecue. It is one of those whole-in-the-wall type restaurants that Keith had heard about from a patient. It has incredible barbecue!
Kevin & Shelli
Taylor & Jessalyn
Me & Blaine
Keith enjoying one of his ribs!
Kevin & Dad
The kids - Blaine is the only boy on my side of the family, but holds his own pretty well!
On the weekend of Mallory's birthday, we usually have some of her friends spend the night and go to Santa Land, but this year we did something a little different. We took her and one of her friends to Dallas to go shopping. Mallory LOVES to shop (takes after her Mom)! So we surprised her. Keith, Taylor, and myself kept the secret and packed her bags without her knowing it. When we got to Dallas, we pulled up in front of the motel and told her we were actually spending the night. Now, if you don't know Mallory real well, she is a planner (takes after ???). Her first response was, "But what about my stuff?" We told her Taylor had packed it all. "What about my toothbrush and hair brush?" Taylor got it. Mallory was not real sure until we actually went in the room and she was able to check her bags. It was quite funny to watch. I have fun watching others with this kind of surprise, but I don't know how well I would have handled it!
The girls and Amanda - on our way to go shopping.
Mallory's face when we pulled up in the motel parking lot.
After learning that it was Mallory's birthday, the waitress played it up well. She told Mallory that she must stand up in her chair and wave a napkin in the air. This was the look on Mallory's face. We loved it!
Mallory stood in the chair on her knees and said to the waitress, "This is as good as it's going to get!"
Mallory and our waitress, Amanda
We took Mallory's birthday presents with us and let her open them in the motel room. She loves purses and that's what one of her gifts was.
On a little different note, our church took up the Christmas for Christ offering this past Sunday. We were so excited when it was counted. Several families were out so this is not the total, but so far it is almost double what it was last year - $1,461.00!!! Yeah!
I finally got our personal Christmas cards addressed last evening, and they were mailed out this afternoon. Most of them won't get to their destinations until AFTER Christmas, but I guess it's better late than never. They have actually been sitting on the dining room table for a couple of weeks. The girls are also wanting to make Christmas cookies; maybe we can squeeze that in tomorrow?! I do love this time of year, but it seems to pass all too quickly.
We want to wish all of our blogging buddies a very Merry Christmas!

5 Comments:
I LOVED the surprise!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours! I'm glad you were able to "get" Mallory! It is so much fun to surprise them. Thanks for the pictures and update - I enjoyed a little online reunion with family!
How fun! We took Kris to Dallas to shop for his 15th birthday too! Kory on the other hand, being a homebody and NOT a shopper, just wanted to shop in Tyler.
Merry Christmas, Y'all!
What a great idea and surprise for Mallory!! Y'all are wonderful parents, and your girls are sooo fortunate to have you both. Have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Love you!
Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to you and yours.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home